Discover a world of opportunities. #HumanChemistry
See what chemistry can do for your career: careers.evonik.com
Exploring opportunities. Growing together.
VACANCY REFERENCE NUMBER 124206
Legal Counsel (m/f/div) Corporate/Commercial (Belgian Law) Berlin
Location: Germany: Berlin
Function: Legal & Insurance
Career Level: Experienced professionals (2-5 years)
Legal Entity: Evonik Industries AG
Business Line: Legal, IP Management & Compliance
Evonik, one of the world’s leading specialty chemicals companies, stands for appealing business and innovative strength. We work in a trustful and performance-oriented corporate culture that is geared to profitable growth and increasing the value of the company. In more than 100 countries, we benefit from our proximity to customers, and our leading market positions. More than 32,000 employees are bound by a claim: No product is so perfect that it couldn’t be made better.
We don’t produce car tires, mattresses, tablets, or animal feed. However, these end products contain Evonik products – like 4,000 others, too. Often, it’s just a small amount that we contribute but that’s exactly what makes the difference. This is how Evonik makes tires more fuel-efficient, mattresses bouncier, tablets more effective, and animal nutrition healthier. That’s specialty chemicals. And we are one of the best in the world.
What we offer
You will work on exciting and challenging topics together with a team in an ultra-modern, innovative and creative environment. Intensive on-the-job training with expert colleagues guarantees you will quickly become familiar with your duties and perform them independently. Performance related pay and the opportunity for personal and professional development are of course part of the package. Since 2009 Evonik Industries AG has been certified as a family-friendly company by the German Hertie Foundation.
This position ensures that legal support and consultation are provided to the subsidiaries and branch offices of the Evonik Group in Belgium, the Netherlands and in France for their business activities as well as to the overall Group for its projects in these countries.
- Advise board members, local and central management and Evonik legal team on a variety of legal matters in corporate and commercial law
- Respond quickly and consistently to internal and external requests for advice
- Manage and supervise external law firms
- Ensure compliance with corporate policies
- Compliance Officer for the Evonik locations in Belgium, the Netherlands and France
- Successfully completed law degree from a Belgian university
- At least one or two years of professional experience either as lawyer in a reputable law firm, or as in-house lawyer within an industrial company
- Competency in providing consultancy in Belgian law as well as a proven background in Corporate and Commercial Law
- Interest in digitalization projects
- Fluent Dutch, English and French language skills, written and spoken, German language skills are a plus
- Solution-focused work approach, high level of commitment as well as excellent communication and team skills
- Negotiating skills, persuasiveness and assertiveness
- Willingness to travel Europe-wide (ca. 10%)
To ensure the fastest process of your application and to protect the environment, please apply online via our careers portal at https://careers.evonik.com.
Please address your application to Jennifer Maczejewski. If you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact our Recruiting Center Team at 0800 2386645 (Germany only) or +49 201 177 4200.
VACANCY REFERENCE NUMBER 124206
Please note that Evonik will not accept any unsolicited application documents sent by staffing firms. Evonik works in conjunction with preferred service providers and will not pay any fee to staffing firms in the absence of an appropriate framework agreement. Should Evonik receive a candidate profile from a staffing firm with which it has no framework agreement, and should this candidate subsequently be considered in the recruitment process or offered employment, no claims from the staffing firm will be entertained in this regard.